I went to the maker faire today. Definitely a different environment from one of the bigger maker faires, and felt more casual (and comfortable). Also kinda nice that with it being outside I got to enjoy some fresh autumn air.
Here are some of the people I came across and chatted with while I was there:
Tech Changers www.techchangers.org
- As I recall they teach various tech-related subjects in schools.
Sayakat Cosplay www.sayakatcosplay.com
- A cosplayer who demonstrated some of the techniques for making cosplay armor with foam and a heat gun.
Turta LLC turta.io
- A group that was showing a variety of Raspberry Pi hats.
ChocolateFrogs ChocolateFrogs Flickr
- LEGO designs! I particularly enjoyed the Stargate gateroom with Jaffa fighting SG-1. Also, the 11th Doctor with Finn’s face, from Adventure Time. And THE DREAD GAZEEBO!
Digital Harbor Foundation’s 3D Print Shop www.digitalharbor.org/printshop
- A youth operated 3d printing shop. Neat.
Rebel Legion www.rebellegion.com
- Star Wars cosplayers. There was a woman dressed in a well-made Rey costume, multiple lightsabers, and a guy in a really elaborate cosplay of Baze Malbus, complete with 3d printed heavy repeater cannon!
MoCo Makers www.mocomakers.com
- These guys had some interesting stuff, including a few kickstarters they were running. Some things that caught my attention were that they had some chips made at one point, and they had a cool display program running that changed live camera footage into outlines in an image.
Circuit Breaker Labs CircuitBreakerLabs Etsy
- This shop makes jewelry from circuit boards. I thought this one was particularly appropriate for the technomancer theme.
- I got this cool necklace from this group.